Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC disabled phone status

mikeduffy13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are deploying CUPC to a small group of users for proof of concept before we rollout to the entire organization but I am having problem with new users. The majority of users have their phone status as "disabled" and are unable to change it to anything else. The options for deskphone and softphone aren't even available. One of the users CUPC randomly started working this week with no changed being made. Any idea what would cause the phone control to be disabled?

All users are associated with the correct device and userID is associated to all lines for each user. Plenty of users are working on the current CUP server. new users seem to be the issue...

7 Replies 7

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Go to CUCM > User Management > End User > look for a drop-down menu called "Primary Extension". Does the user have it configured?

If yes, you might also want to restart SyncAgent on CUPS to synchronize the data.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Yes, primary extensions are configured. I will restart the SyncAgent and see what happens.

I have exactly the same problem. Looking through your book Michael the only item I could see worth checking was the users number.

The CUPC error report indeed indates 'No Primary Extension' but this is populated, we sync this with AD, and a restart of the SyncAgent makes no difference.

Only one user has this problem and he is setup the same as all the rest - though this is only 20 users at the moment.

Anything else I can try to resolve this error? Or could something else be causing it?

We also sync with AD and have no success with restarting the sync agent service...once in a while the users will randomly start working with no changes being made.

I have been battling the same issue now for two days. Users sometimes have Deskphone access, sometimes not. Some can choose a different phone others cannot... No changes were made.

Was anyone able to solve this?

Hi there,

Try check the End User management config. Confirm that the user has a Primary Extension within the 'Directory Number Associations' field.

Also, check that the phone/user has 'CTI Enabled'.

Hope this helps. Worked for me.

Cheers

Bob

Yes, the killer for me was the Primary extension field not being populated. Once that was changed, all seems to work fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: