cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Fails to Connect over VPN

Robert Juric
Level 1
Level 1

We recently implemented a Presence 7.0 setup. We are unable to get any CUPC clients to connect over VPN. We are using MS ISA VPN and the built-in MS VPN client. I'm really not sure where to start looking to troubleshoot this issue. Any ideas?

Robert

6 Replies 6

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You may troubleshoot in the procedure below:

1) Exit CUPC

2) Start packet capture on CUPC computer

3) Launch CUPC and wait until it stablized.

4) Stop packet capture

5) Look at SIP messages

Normally, you'll see messages as below:

1) REGISTER (CUPC -> CUPS)

2) SUBSCRIBE (CUPC -> CUPS)

3) SUBSCRIBE (CUPC -> CUPS)

4) SUBSCRIBE (CUPC -> CUPS)

5) PUBLISH (CUPC -> CUPS)

6) NOTIFY (CUPS -> CUPC)

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Maybe I'm doing this incorrectly. When you talk about a packet capture, do you just mean taking a wireshark capture? I've tried that I'm not seeing any SIP traffic.

Can you upload the packet capture and CUPC problem report here?  (CUPC > Help > Create Problem Report).

Michael

Here you go, thank you for your help.

Not sure if you took the capture on the right interface.  But I couldn't find 10.50.7.12 (CUPS server) in packet capture.

Michael

I believe this is related to the issue. There the PPP interface created by the VPN connection is not available for capture to Wireshark. I think it's a DNS resolution issue but I'm still trying to figure it out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: