Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC is not able to retrieve mobile numbers from LDAP/global catalog

c.hennrich
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed and configured CUPS to query global catalog servers instead of the LDAP server. This is due to the fact, that we have multiple domains with multiple domain controller. Therefore I query the master global catalog. Everything is ok, except that I cannot see the Mobile phone number anymore in the CUPC client, whereas I could as I was quering only 1 LDAP Server for 1 domain. But all CUPC users should see all users in all domains, therfore global catalog.

We are using CUPS version:8.6.2.10000-44

and CUPC client version:     8.5.4.19609-6.2.83

I have also double checked, that the User I want to query has a mobile number in the MS AD

Please find below the LDAP mapping configuration.

The LDAP Server has recursive search enabled and the LDAP has multiple OUs to search in, separated by #.

Do you have any idea on that? is this by default or an bug? has anyone an idea how to get this working?

BR

Christian Hennrich

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not a Microsoft architect but I believe that Global Catalog servers only index a subset of the object's attributes from across the forest. For example it does not index the thumbnailPhoto attribute which causes issues when displaying photos.

You may want to start with a tool such as AD Explorer to see if the GC contains the data at all for the object you're trying to get. If it doesn't Google can tell you how to add it; it returned this TechNet article that seems to hit the mark: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc737521(WS.10).aspx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: