cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC LDAP sync

vivian.le
Level 1
Level 1

Someone once told me that when you do a search from the CUPC client, it does a live search of the LDAP directory. Is this true?

I have a situation where we are changing extensions for many users. My CUCM 6 server that is also integrated with LDAP sees the change as soon as a full re-sync is performed. However, my CUPC client doesn't reflect the change. When someone searches for a user whose extension has been changed, the old extension is still there. We've restarted the cupc client and there is still no difference.

Both the CUCM and CUPS 7 server point to the same user search bases. LDAP integration uses the ipphone field to pull telephone information.

I don't know why we are not seeing the new extension.

p.s. the new extensions have an asterisk (*) in front of them. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

CUPC does NOT 'sync' the LDAP. What you got from CUPC LDAP search is what being presented by LDAP.

The only explanation for the symptom you're experience would be:

1) CUCM and CUPC use different LDAP server

or

2) CUCM and CUPC use different LDAP port (e.g. one pointing to 389, the other one pointing to 3268).

If they are pointing to the same LDAP server and same port, it's technically impossible to have the symptom you described.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

nsn-amagruder
Level 5
Level 5

CUPC Server has LDAP Server configuration options just like CUCM. Are you using the same LDAP server settings and sync schedules on both?

Are you using the IP Phone Field or Phone Field in AD and is the same field being used in both CUCM and CUPS?

The primary LDAP server configured in CUPS is also the first server listed in CUCM for that search base. Both are using port 3286. Yes, we are using the AD IP Phone field for both CUPS and CUCM.