Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC login fail

sujimansuadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gents,

I'm facing a weird problem here, we have CUPS 8.5 integrated with CUCM 7.1 in our environment and it works swimmingly before.

But today, when i tried do the routine adding a new user procedure:

1. Capabilities Assignment

2. Create new UPC profile with DN assigned.

3. Associate device in End User Mgmt and select the primary extension.

Then, to my surprise the user unable to login (wrong username & password error appear). I've check LDAP directory whether the user was in the correct OU and stuff only to found everything was in correct order. So, i tried troubleshooting.

1. using my ID as testing, i un-associate all device under my End User Mgmt section.

2. Re-associate it to different CUPC profile.

3. Change primary extension to the new CUPC profile DN.

Guess what, i'm able to login but the CUPC hold my old extension. The CUPC that in the registered to CUCM is my original CUPC (which i'm already dis-associate just now) instead of the CUPC profile i did in step 2 above.

So, I jump into conclusion that my CUPC did not sync with changes made in the CUCM thus it still hold the old configuration. My question is, how do rectify this kind of issue?

Thanks in advance for replies & feedbacks

Regards,

ss

3 Replies 3

For starters can you issue the following in the cucm cli

show tech notify

This will tell you if the EPAS_syncagent process is registered with the dbnotification process in callmanager

Regards,

Christos

Hi Christos,

i've issue that command and i found this:

17 I   0 P  91 H  91 T  91 S  31 EPAS_SyncAgent[172.16.10.202]:33312.8636

is this a good response?

Thanks,

Regards,

ss

Yes, that's a good response. It means that the cup server is always notified when there is a relevant db change in callmanager db.

You should not have problems when making changes in cucm imho.

Regards,

Christos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: