cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Login Failed

Robert Juric
Level 1
Level 1

We just upgraded CUPS from 7.0 to 8.0. After the upgrade, the new 8.0 CUPC is unable to login, however the older 7.0 CUPC is still able to log in.

I found this in the CUPC log:

2010-10-26 08:25:56,348 ERROR [10] [Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.WpfServicesClient.AdaptorWrapper] [Class.Method(0)] - Initializing Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.Adaptors.PresenceAdaptor wrapper failed

2010-10-26 08:25:56,357 ERROR [10] [Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.WpfServicesClient.AdaptorWrapper] [Class.Method(0)] - Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.Adaptors.PresenceAdaptor wrapper start failed

2010-10-26 08:25:56,357 ERROR [10] [Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.WpfServicesClient.ServicesClientFunction] [Class.Method(0)] - PresenceAuthentication function start failed

2010-10-26 08:25:56,357 WARN  [10] [Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.WpfServicesClient.AdaptorWrapper] [Class.Method(0)] - Stop for Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.Adaptors.PresenceAdaptor wrapper ignored as reference not found

2010-10-26 08:25:56,357 ERROR [ 1] [Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.WpfServicesClient.ServicesClient] [Class.Method(0)] - Error Type:PresenceAdaptorInitializationFailed Code:ServiceNetworkHostUnknown Details:() Cause:Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.Exceptions.PresenceAdaptorException: PresenceAdaptor.Initialize - FaultException [ClientID = CcClient-1] ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.ServiceClients.PresenceService.Error]: Presence server cannot be reached (Fault Detail is equal to Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.ServiceClients.PresenceService.Error).

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.Adaptors.PresenceAdaptor.LogAndThrowException(String msg, Exception e)

at Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.Adaptors.PresenceAdaptor.Initialize()

at Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.WpfServicesClient.AdaptorWrapper.Initialize(List`1 errors)

Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.Exceptions.PresenceAdaptorException: PresenceAdaptor.Initialize - FaultException [ClientID = CcClient-1] ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.ServiceClients.PresenceService.Error]: Presence server cannot be reached (Fault Detail is equal to Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.ServiceClients.PresenceService.Error).

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.Adaptors.PresenceAdaptor.LogAndThrowException(String msg, Exception e)

at Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.Adaptors.PresenceAdaptor.Initialize()

at Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.WpfServicesClient.AdaptorWrapper.Initialize(List`1 errors)

2010-10-26 08:25:56,358 ERROR [ 1] [Cisco.Uc.Clients.CcClient.Client.Services.SessionService] [Class.Method(0)] - Failed to login

5 Replies 5

Robert Juric
Level 1
Level 1

Fixed the CUP problem. The Cisco UP XCP Authentication and Connection Manager services needed to be started.

Hi Robert -

Thank you very much for posting your log info and how you resolved it.  I was able to search in the forum and found your post, which matched the problem I was troubleshooting!  Many thanks and 5 points for your excellent information.

Sincerely,

Ginger

Hi,

I am trying to start these services in my CUPS 8.5 but even if they are started they are shown as Not Running. And I can not start them manually as well. Any idea what the reason can be for that? Thanks.

Alex.

Try restarting the service from the CLI

utils service restart

check name of service in 'utils service list page'

if restart doesnot work, try utils service stop and then utils service start.

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Please rate helpful posts

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried this as well but it did not work. We have actually solved the problem. These services could not get started until SIP Proxy Domain Name was setup correctly. After it was changed and the server rebooted these two services started all right.

Regards,

Alex.