Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC/MOC Citrix Support

feene1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a few clients that run a citrix enviroment. I was wondering if anyone has had success installing CUPC or MOC on a citrix server?

If so, what worked and what didnt work?

We did have CUPC 1.2 running in Citrix but we had audio issues when playing back voicemail.

Thanks,

Rob

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Currently, Cisco does not support CUPC or CIPC running on Citrix. They can be run on local computer only. For hardware requirements:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupc/1_2/english/release/notes/ol11718.html#wp39818

I know the official stance of Cisco is "not supported", but there are alot of applications that are not offically supported that function perfectly normal. I am just wondering if anyone has even tested or deployed these apps in a citrix enviroment.

Citrix actually has an interesting post on its website about MOC working with in Citrix. Of course there are a few limitations, but the core presence and IM works.

http://community.citrix.com/blogs/citrite/derekt/2007/12/18/Office+Communicator+on+Presentation+Server

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

First let me say, I'm not a Citrix expert. You've stated that you have it working in a Citrix environment but audio issues when playing back voicemail. Did you get the local microphone and speaker working through the CUPC Citrix session? If so, How did you do this? I have it all working except one in a softphone mode. This issue is that CUPC is not aware of the local devices of the machine connected via session. In other words, Multimedia redirection support is not working through CUPC.

If you don't mind please share how you got the multimedia redirection working.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: