Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC not able to connect to Presence

nowcommsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We used to use CUCM 6.x and CUPS 6.x butI've rebuilt our CUPS server as version 7, and we are now using CUCM 7.

I've got everything working apart from the Presence side of things, where the Presence client Server Health under the CUPC client is red, and not able to connect (Retrying). All other connections are green.

I can't see anything wrong on the CUPS server from the troubleshooter, and I have reviewd most/all of the CUPS posts on here regarding this issue.

Thing's i've done to try and resolve the issue:

- Applied an "ALL" incoming ACL

- Set the Proxy domain to "nowcomm.local"

- Reset everything

- Tried multiple PC's in the office to figure out if firewalls were causing the problem, but all have the same problem

When we ran CUPS 6.x everything seemed to work fine with these settings, so i'm a bit lost now as to what else I can try to do!

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks,

Mike.

19 Replies 19

Even if you're not running Cisco VPN Client, the service is still running in background.

Stop the service to test CUPC just in case.

Michael

Can you post a screen shot of your SIP Security profile and your SIP Trunk on CUCM?

Also did you enable the CUPS Service in CUCM Services from False to True?

I'm with the same problem. The CUPC is not receiving the Presence IP Address from (?) the Presence Server (???).

I don't understand. I go to "Show Server Health" and the Presence is with an error: "None server configured".

Go to Application, CUPC, Proxy profile. Select the proxy/presence server. Make sure the user is associated there.

Please rate if this helped.

Thanks!! You completely solve my problem!! Thank you very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: