Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Privacy

apanesar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using CUPC 8.5.5 and want to apply the privacy options.

If I set Exceptions and block Presence and IM to a specific user, the feature works as exepcted. But if I select the global option to Block Everyone in my company from seeing my Presence status or sending me an IM message this feature does not work. I get no errors regarding this. Am I missing a setting somewhere on the CUPS cluster? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tomyc
Level 1
Level 1

If users that are in your contact list are still able to see your status and send you messages then it is working as design. You see, when you have a contact in your list, you are telling the CUP server that you want those users to see your status and send you messages. So, users in your contact list will be excluded from the global block.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tomyc
Level 1
Level 1

If users that are in your contact list are still able to see your status and send you messages then it is working as design. You see, when you have a contact in your list, you are telling the CUP server that you want those users to see your status and send you messages. So, users in your contact list will be excluded from the global block.

Hey Tomy thanks for the clear answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: