Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Softphone not connecting

aprasanna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I use CUPC 7.0(1) with CUPS 6.0.3 and CUCM 6.1.2. I am able to login to the CUPC but the server health is as follows.

Logon Server Connected(Primary)

PhoneConfiguration(TFTP) Downloaded(Primary)

Presence Connected(Primary)

Softphone Connecting(Primary)

LDAP Successful(Primary)

The softphone is always in connecting state.

What could be the issue?

regards

Prasanna

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah... forgot to check that.

From the CUPC PC, try to ping the hostname of the CUCM. I bet it's not resolvable. :)

Michael

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

1) Make sure the DN (Directory Number) configured on the UPC (softphone) device is the same as the 'Primary Extension' configured in 'User Management > End User' page.

2) Make sure port 5060 was open between CUPC and CUCM.

3) Make sure there's not NAT (Network Address Translation) between CUPC and CUCM.

See http://htluo.blogspot.com/ for more tech tips.

Thanks!

Michael

aprasanna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michael,

There is not no NAT between the servers, 5060 is allowed and the directory number is assigned properly. Still show connecting state.

regards

Prasanna

Can you attach CUPC problem report here? (make sure CUPC > Help > Enable Detailed Logging was enabled).

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

aprasanna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michael,

The softphone started working.

All i did was to change the CUCM Server Name to IP address in the CCM Admin page and also did a reset of the CUCM and CUPS. Donno whether the IP address resolved the issue or whether the restart did the trick.

BTW, i got your book yday. Its very good.

Regards

Prasanna

Ah... forgot to check that.

From the CUPC PC, try to ping the hostname of the CUCM. I bet it's not resolvable. :)

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: