Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Toolbar missing in Outlook

ahochau_2
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have users that have lost thier CUPC toolbar in Outlook. I have tried removing and reinstalling the application to no avail. I installed the outlook plugins on a machine that did not have them in the past and there is no option for the tool bar on that machine either. Any help would be appreciated.

CUPS 6.0(3)

CUCM 6.1(2)

Windows XP Outlook 2007.

5 Replies 5

mtmachen
Level 1
Level 1

verify that in Outlook>tools>trustcenter>Add-ins that the "Cisco Unified Personal Communicator for Outlook" is in the "Active Applications" list. If it is in the "Inactive" list, click "go" next to "Manage: COM Add-ins". Add a "check" mark next to the application and click OK.

If the application is in the "active list", you may remove the application from the "Manage: COM Add-ins" page by selecting the application and clicking remove.

I hope this helps.

IM having the same problem with my CUPC client. Some people it shows on others, it wont. Anyone else find a fix to this? I checked and it is an active add-in.

Hi,

there is actually a bug CSCsq71409 with installation of CUPC for users with non admin rights .

to enable the outlook toolbar, as a workaround log in as admin user at the clients windows XP workstation and import the following registry key:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Cisco.CUPCOutlookAddInObj]

"CommandLineSafe"=dword:00000000

"Description"="Cisco Unified Personal Communicator for Outlook"

"FriendlyName"="Cisco Unified Personal Communicator for Outlook"

"LoadBehavior"=dword:00000003

andymcniece
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a resolution to your issue. I am facing the same issue.

Hi,

the bug is actually fixed in CUPC 1.2(3)

with this version it works even wit MSI distribution

regards, Oliver

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: