Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our beta test area to get started.

CUPC tooolbar in Outlook Notes results in weird error

Hi everybody,

I get a weird error when using Personal Communicator and Outlook Notes.

Since I installed Personal Communicator, I almost always see a mini CUPC toolbar when opening any note in Outlook (see cupc_notes_toolbar.jpg). Yes that's right, the toolbar is not always there, sometimes it just looks like a regular note without any toolbar at all. I haven't found out yet when it shows up and when it does not.

I tested the same thing with Outlook 2007 (English) and never get this CUPC toolbar showing up at the top of a note.

So far so good, this toolbar does not bother me too much though I think it is rather confusing than helpful. But here comes the actual problem:

About 10-15 minutes after opening a note in Outlook (for editing, viewing,...), I get a weird error which - I suppose - is related to CUPC. Since this installation is in Switzerland, I can only provide the error message in German (see outlook_error.jpg). Translated to English this would be something like "The process cannot be completed successfully. At least one parameter value is not valid".

I only get this message since I installed CUPC, that's why I suppose these two things could be related in some way.

And I can reproduce this behavior on multiple clients.

Software installed:

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, German

Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 7.0(2), German

Has anybody of you out there seen something similar? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Lukas.

• Unified Communications Applications
Views
Helpful
Replies