Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC video call issue

shaikh ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

i am facing the issue ,CUPC 8.5 video call is not working ..i have cucm 8.0. and CUP 8.0 ..any help will be higly appreciated..

Thanks

Shib

1 Reply 1

Jasmeet Sandhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Shib,

For CUPC Desk Phone Troubleshooting, assuming both end points are Personal Communicator Clients, follow the below steps:

1)  CAST Issue

For both End Points, make sure that the CAST shows connected under CUPC -> Help -> Show Server Health -> Desk Phone Video Section

The phone must be connected to the computer on which Cisco Unified Personal Communicator is running by Ethernet cable.

2) Firmware Issue

If the end users are controlling 79xx, make sure that the firmware is 9.2(3) or higher. If you are running SCCP9-2-1S, then you will run in the Defect: CSCtq48538    Phone does not send CallStateMessage through CAST connection to PC and have to upgrade the firmware to 9.2(3)

3) Roles and Permissions

Besides the Standard CTI Enabled and Standard CCM End User, if the end users are controlling 99xx or 88xx, then make sure they also have these additional Roles and Permissions

Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf
Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode

4) Video Enabled

This setting should be enabled by default, however, make sure that under the Device Configuration Page (CCM Admin -> Device -> Phone -> Affected User's Device

The PC Port and Video Capabilities fields must be enabled for the phone in Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

Now if after verifying all of the above configuration the video call fails then I suggest testing CUPC Soft Phone Video by changing to Soft Phone Mode on both the End Points (You can only change to soft phone mode, if you have the Client Services Framework Device deployed for the end users). If that fails as well, I suggest to engage Cisco Tac for further troubleshooting as we would then need to collect the following:

Clean Detailed PRT from CUPC on both End Points

Detailed CCM and CTI Traces from Call Manager

Calling and Called Party Info

Best Regards,

Jas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: