I have it integrated with the CCM and CUC, but trying to get it to actually work is another story. There is no way to remove a phone that is in-use, and if you integrate it into an existing cluster, this becomes an issue as you cant add the in-use phone to a subscriber, so how the heck can you setup subscribers that are already on the system? I also found out that reserving a phone doesn't work, and I have two call managers that have software error when trying to sync. I have a TAC open on that part, but no response back yet.
I have CUPM 1.1 and I am having one heck of a time getting subscribers and the infrastructure to even sync with CUCM 6.0(1). They just keep saying "In Progress".
So far my impression of this new fangled $50K system is that it is a piece of crap. It now has a delete function, that partially works. There are no troubleshooting tools to find out why it isn't syncing to a server, and the documentation is halfassed in that you have to get nearly all the way through the user guide to find out what roles to put in to get it to do what the first two chapters have you setup. So far it has been sitting powered off as we don't have the time or patience to figure this thing out. We also dont want it screwing up our production servers, especially now that our 5.1 clusters are in use.
So far I have the same impression. I find very little in TAC case collection, nothing in the forums. The cupm NICEService is constantly stopping on me and I have no idea why.
Is there anyone out there that has this product working?
The TAC case I opened took a month before I got anywhere, and still got no further other than getting the ISO for 1.1.
Well I did get 1.0 to work with 4.1(3), and I was also able to pull the users off the server BUT, I was only able to do it once. Since we use a shared system where different companies are on it in partitions, I was not able to pull by department as it stated in the users guide. It appears that once a user is in a domain, it cant be pulled by another domain, which kind of defeats the purpose for our needs. We want a global account where we admin the systems, and individual customer domains where a designated individual or group from each customer can admin their own users. This basically was what we were told this thing can do, and we were expecting it to have screens similiar to the callmanager screens, but they are far from what we would have come up with.
I agree with you about the documentation issue with CUPS. However, I am still stuck in the installaton on the network security configuration and appreciate your help. Below you can find my issue:
I have CCM 5.1.2b and I am trying to install the Cisco Unified Presence Server. The installation fails at the security configuration.
I have put the correct CCM hostname, IP Address and security password but the security configuration continues to fail.
I also tried resetting the security passowrd on the CCM using the command "set password security" and made sure I am entering it correctly on the Presence but the security configuration fails as well.
Remarks: The CUPS is version 1.0.3
I have already added the server under the application servers. However, when I choose Cisco Unified Presence Server all I get is enter the host name. There is no place to enter the IP address of the server???
On the event logs when I try to join the CUPS to the CCM node I get " Incorrect password for sftpuser from cup.voip.com"
I think you're confusing CUPM the provisioning manager with the presence server, two different monkeys. Your problem is probably SSL related and may be traced to your certificates. Try to configure non secure first to eliminate other unknown issues, then attack the security side of it. sftp requires certs and if not uploaded correctly or configured correctly at both ends, will always fail.
Sorry my mistake. I thought the topic was about CUPS. However, as per your answer, during the installation it never asks for certificate uploads or anything related to certificates.
The ssue described in the first few posts is a race condition that is caused when the device is scheduled to be assigned to one user but controlled by another, last I checked that was unresolved (about a month ago). If you check the logs you will the see the java exception being thrown.