I have a customer with UCMBE 6.1.3 with CUPS 6.0.5 trying to connect to an Exchange 2007 server for calendar. Normal presence status information and IM is all working. The problem is with calendar status not appearing in the CUPC. The cert is installed and passes the troubleshooter.
The Exchange server is 2007 but is in mixed mode with 2003 due to a requirement for BES to work. I'm told FBA is disabled. I know I've read that 2007/2003 in mixed mode with FBA won't work, but I think 2007/2003 without FBA is supposed to work.
My user account can open other calendars and we've verified all the permissions from the Cisco documentation. Looking at trace logs it seems like CUPS is connecting to exchange but isn't seeing what it thinks it should.
Is the link Cisco provides in the older 2003 documentation (connecting to /exchange/user/calendar) supposed to work for 2007?
From what I understand in 2007 they've changed to /owa instead of /exchange, but /exchange is supposed to redirect to /owa for backwards compatibility. But /exchange for me isn't doing that.
There is something I'm missing here but am out of ideas at the moment.
Are you sure CUPS/CUCM can resolve the name on the cert correctly? Open up CLI and ping the cert name. IE mail.exchange.com (or whatever the cert name is)
Thanks for the reply. Yes, both UCM and CUPS can ping the exchange server by name. I just tested again on both servers to verify the fact.
Did you change the server name in CUPS after install? Sometimes this screws up the server in the CERT sections.
Also, do you have the incoming/outgoing ACL set to all?
To troubleshoot the problem, we need Presence Engine logs (in detailed). Try the following:
1) Set Presence Engine tracing to detailed.
2) Restart Presence Engine.
3) Log into CUPC
4) Get presence engine logs and upload here.
I did change the server name in server configuration after the install from just the hostname to the fqdn (cups.customerdomain.com). I don't think this is causing the problem, or at least I haven't seen indication of that in any logs.
Yes, I set incoming and outgoing ACL to all.
Attached are traces I gathered with Presence Engine trace set to detailed.
I ordered your book yesterday Michael. I'm looking forward to it. I like the blog too. Keep up the good work.
From PE logs:
Exchange Server Transaction Failed: SUBSCRIBE sip:firstname.lastname@example.org:443 404 Resource Not Found - noresource
1) Is es2.customerdomain.com the actual domain on Exchange? If not, what's the actual domain?
2) Go to CUCM Admin > User Management > End User > jlawless. What's the value of "Mail ID" field? Is it editable?
I did a mass replace on the trace files of the actual domain name to customerdomain.com to keep a little privacy. But es2.customerdomain.com is the name of the exchange 2007 server, not the name of the domain of the users.
Yes, I can modify the Mail ID field. I'm guessing that needs to match the exchange mail ID. The UCM is Business Edition so it's not sync'd with ldap. The CUPS is integrated with ldap. I have the user ID on UCM matching the AD/LDAP as is required.
I'll give that a shot and test.
You don't have to modify the "Mail ID" field in CUCM. It should work by default.
I would recommend you disable/enable calendar from CUPC to refresh the configuration:
1) Go to CUPC > File > Preference > Status.
2) Uncheck "Show me as in a meeting". Save.
3) Exit and re-launch CUPC to make sure it was unchecked.
4) Make that option checked.
5) Exit and re-launch CUPC to make sure it was check.
Test and collect logs again.
Thanks. Although I guess it isn't necessary, I did modify the mail ID to match the actual mail ID of the user in exchange and it didn't have any better result.
I had the user follow your instructions for unchecking, exiting, checking, exiting, and I am still not getting meeting info. The logs are looking a little different, but something still isn't right. Attached are trace logs.