Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 6.0.6 and CUPC 7.0.x DeskPhone Mode not working

vasco.tonack
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

we got a Problem when enabling DeskPhone in the CUPC. Serverhealth shows me "invalid credentials". When i take a look at the trace from CTIManager i get the following Errors:

CTI|Available Servers (2)|<CLID::StandAloneCluster>

CTI|authenticationLDAP::Authenticate():exit AUTH_NOT_INITIALIZED|<CLID::StandAloneCluster>

CTI|Error authentication of user for reading configuration |<CLID::StandAloneCluster>

CTI|authenticationLDAP::connect():Exit on Error|<CLID::StandAloneCluster>

CTI|Failure in LdapDeviceList::Initialize()|<CLID::StandAloneCluster>

CTI|authenticationLDAP::authenticateUserWithPassword():Exit on Error|<CLID::StandAloneCluster>

CTI|authenticationDB::login (Done Authenticating using LDAP)|<CLID::StandAloneCluster>

CTI|authenticationDB::login (LDAP FAILED) (-1)|<CLID::StandAloneCluster>

CTI|AuthenticationImpl::setResults:enter|<CLID::StandAloneCluster>

CTI|AuthenticationImpl::setResults retCode= -1|<CLID::StandAloneCluster>

CTI|AuthenticationImpl::setResults logLevel is 3|<CLID::StandAloneCluster>

CTI|CQBEBuilder::BuildQbeMessage(): objectID=3|<CLID::StandAloneCluster>

CTI|CTIHandler::OutputQbeMessage(): TcpHandle=[2:200:7:14] Qbe Prefix={0xb5e408b8,0x7a}

CTI|kCtiProviderOpenFailure - CTI application failed to open provider CTIconnectionId:14 Login User Id:myusername Reason code.:-1932787616

We are using an Openldap for Directory Synch and Authentication. It worked until we upgraded from 6.1.2 to 6.1.4. Any Idea how to troubleshoot?

The LDAP Synchronization works fine with SSL. My OpenLDAP Administrator told me that there is an corrupt SSL-Handshake in his Log at the Timestamp the CTIManager asks for Authentication.

Kind regards,

Vasco

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Go to CUCM > System > LDAP > LDAP Authentication. Change the port from 389 to 3268. Restart CTIManager on all nodes.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply. I saw that you recommended the same solution in conjunction with LDAP Active Directory. Will this solution also work on OpenLDAP?

Actually we are not using the default (unencrypted) TCP-Port 389. Instead we're using the TCP-Port 8635 with SSL-Encryption for both Directory Synchronization and Enduser Authentication.

Is there a known Bug-ID?

Kind regards,

Vasco

Hy out There,

ist there any solution for that problem. wie are running CuCM 6.1.4 and CuCM 7.1 and on both the same sh....

cheers Floh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: