cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 8.02

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

Has anyone else upgraded to CUPS 8.02 since it has been released. I upgraded last night and am having problems with users not being able to send IMs. The client appears to send the IM, the sender does not get an error, but the recipient never receives the IM.

All clients have upgraded to 7.1 CUPC.

I have opened a TAC case but wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing issues.

Thanks,

Doug

21 Replies 21

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

What's the TAC case number?  I can take a look.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

It looks like you have two different client versions: CUPC 7 and 8.

Could you elaborate the issue a little bit?

Was it CUPC 7 not able to send IM to CUPC 8?  Or CUPC 7 not able to send IM to CUPC 7?

Thanks!

Michael

When the CUPC 7 client sends an im to a 7 client, it appears to go correctly, but it is never received by the recipient. The CUPC 7 client can send to one of the two CUPC8 clients and the cupc 8 client receives the IM, but the cupc 8 client can't respond to the cupc 7 client. I have two clients that are running CUPC 8 and they can communicate no problem.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Doug

The golden rule of troubleshooting is "Keep It Simple". 

Questions:

1) Do you really need both CUPC 7 and CUPC 8 in your environment?  If not, could we focus on one version?

2) If yes, which CUPC version you want to work on?

Michael

Lets concentrate on CUPC 7. since that is what 99 % of my users are using.

Doug

Would you provide the following?

1) Sender's user ID.

2) Recepient's user ID.

3) The exact message being sent but not recieved.

Thanks!

Michael

Diggie Retief and Teresa McGuire are the two users. I am not sure exactly as to the text they tried to send. I had told them to send some test messages after turning on detailed logging and running the problem report.

Let me know if that helps and thanks for your help.

Doug

Could you redo the test and get those information.  the logs we need would be "Cisco UP SIP Proxy".

Thanks!

Michael

I have requested the two users to run another test and send me screen shots of the chat log and the problem report and I will pull the SIP Proxy log when I get it.

I found a message in the SIP Proxy log where Teresa sent the message " hey " in log esp00000190.log @ 9:37:17.479, in the logs I have uploaded to the case. Based on that can you find it in the problem reports, as well?

I will upload them to the case as soon as I get them.

Please also get the following:

1) IP address of the sender's PC

2) IP address of the recepient's PC

3) IP address of the CUPS

Thanks!

Michael

I am uploaded them to the case now, it will take a few minutes. How late are you working tonight? The engineer working the case just went off shift so I was going to have the call re-queued.

Thanks,

Doug

You don't have to re-queue.  I can take a quick look

Michael

The file has been uploaded. The client IPs are Diggie 10.2.12.22, Teresa 10.2.12.16 and the CUPS is 10.2.20.11

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: