Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUPS 8.02

Has anyone else upgraded to CUPS 8.02 since it has been released. I upgraded last night and am having problems with users not being able to send IMs. The client appears to send the IM, the sender does not get an error, but the recipient never receives the IM.

All clients have upgraded to 7.1 CUPC.

I have opened a TAC case but wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing issues.

Thanks,

Doug

• Unified Communications Applications
21 REPLIES
Red

Re: CUPS 8.02

What's the TAC case number?  I can take a look.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Red

It looks like you have two different client versions: CUPC 7 and 8.

Could you elaborate the issue a little bit?

Was it CUPC 7 not able to send IM to CUPC 8?  Or CUPC 7 not able to send IM to CUPC 7?

Thanks!

Michael

When the CUPC 7 client sends an im to a 7 client, it appears to go correctly, but it is never received by the recipient. The CUPC 7 client can send to one of the two CUPC8 clients and the cupc 8 client receives the IM, but the cupc 8 client can't respond to the cupc 7 client. I have two clients that are running CUPC 8 and they can communicate no problem.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Doug

Red

The golden rule of troubleshooting is "Keep It Simple". 

Questions:

1) Do you really need both CUPC 7 and CUPC 8 in your environment?  If not, could we focus on one version?

2) If yes, which CUPC version you want to work on?

Michael

Lets concentrate on CUPC 7. since that is what 99 % of my users are using.

Doug

Red

Would you provide the following?

1) Sender's user ID.

2) Recepient's user ID.

3) The exact message being sent but not recieved.

Thanks!

Michael

Diggie Retief and Teresa McGuire are the two users. I am not sure exactly as to the text they tried to send. I had told them to send some test messages after turning on detailed logging and running the problem report.

Let me know if that helps and thanks for your help.

Doug

Red

Could you redo the test and get those information.  the logs we need would be "Cisco UP SIP Proxy".

Thanks!

Michael

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.