Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUPS 8.6 Upgrade to IM and Presence 9.1

I switched over versions from 8.6 to 9.1 for my CUPS server and did not follow this very important Notes. Now the services in the pub are not started, getting database connection error, cannot switch back to 8.6. How can i bring back the cluster?

Important Notes

• Cisco Unified Presence Sync Agent Service

Before you perform an upgrade, this service may be disabled on the cluster (which only runs on

the Publisher node). This action will ensure that user-initiated changes from the corresponding

Unified Communications Manager system during the upgrade do not compromise the upgrade

process. The changes are reconciled when the IM and Presence Service Sync Agent is restarted

in either the current or newer version.

• Publisher node

Switch versions and restart the publisher node before you begin a switch version and restart on

the subscriber nodes. If the IM and Presence Service Administration GUI is operational on the

publisher node, it is safe to initiate a switch version and restart on the subscriber node

Thanks

Nki

• Unified Communications Applications
1 REPLY

CUPS 8.6 Upgrade to IM and Presence 9.1

CUPS 8.6 and 9.1 are different. CUCM is part of IM/P (formely CUPS). To upgrade CUPS to 9.1, you need to first upgrade CUCM to 9.1 and then upgrade CUPS.

To rollback, you can SSH into the server console and a "utils system switch-version"

Please rate useful posts.

Please rate useful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies