cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 9.1 federation interdomain? intradomain?

oscar cordero
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

basic question

We deploy in brasil a  CUPS ver 9.1 and on Spain a CUPS ver 9.1. Is the same company, but have  diferent AD domain and servers. So I need to deploy federation  intradomain? or interdomain?. They want to have all featured working between two countries, like video, text, share desktop, voice, precence, etc.

I found these guides, wich one is correct to use it? or non of them.

Partitioned Intradomain Federation for IM and Presence Service on Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 9.1(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/intradomain_federation/9_1_1/CUP0_BK_PCA08103_00_partitioned-intradomain-federation-9_1_1.html

Interdomain Federation for IM and Presence Service on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 9.1(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/interdomain_federation/9_1_1/CUP0_BK_IB27169T_00_interdomain-federation-integration-guide-9_1_1.html

Im always rate the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Oscar

'Interdomain' federation is what you want and will get you presence/instant messaging between the CUPS clusters.

Voice/video is not controlled by CUPS, but by CUCM so is dependant on you having set up trunks between the CUCM clusters.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Oscar

'Interdomain' federation is what you want and will get you presence/instant messaging between the CUPS clusters.

Voice/video is not controlled by CUPS, but by CUCM so is dependant on you having set up trunks between the CUCM clusters.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi guys,

im doing the design for video, voice and jabber. Im confuse if i need to register all Brasil video equipments telepresence (TX1300) and videoconference (Profile 55) to VCS of spain. Or I have to do like below diagram. Im not sure if the VCS support the TX1300.

If the telepresence TX1300 have to register to CUCM brasil, the media video trafic will go trought the ICT CUCM brasil and spain?

I would register the devices to CUCM rather than VCS is possible. There might be scenarios where you would want to register to VCS which is also fine but Cisco is moving towards registering devices on CUCM rather than VCS. The above scenario will work without issues, you just have to make sure you have CAC specified correctly and appropriate dial plan configured. 

Please rate useful posts.

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks for you answer.  The media traffic for the videocall jabber and telepresence can go through the ICT Intercluster? or I have to configure a SIP Trunk?. If I register the profile 55 and telepresence to the cluster CUCM Brasil this not overload the cluster CUCM?.

Yes Im thinking to implement QoS, and CAC, but following the document SRND CUCM I will applied CAC only to the Jabber, because cisco recomend not to applied for the TX1300 and profile 55. This CAC is important because there are 1500 users with jabber and each videocall spend between 550Kbits to 1.3Mbits, depends of the video resolution.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/cac.html#wp1410267

Im worry about loss functionalities and overload if I register the Profile 55, and TX1300 to the CUCM. What do you think?. The bandwid maximum for the Profile in multiconference is 10Mbits and the normal Teleconferecnce is 4Mbits through the CUCM cluster.