Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

CUPS and OCS server type

Hi!, I am working on my lab setting up an integration between CUPS 7.0.2 and OCS2007 R2.

I am following the Integration Guide "Configuring Cisco Unified Presence Release 7.0 with Microsoft OCS for MOC Call Control", but I am stuck at "Configuring the CTI Connections on Cisco Unified Presence"

The integration guide at step 6 says that I have to specify the type of Microsoft server, but I can't see this option.

That part of the guide points to Application>Deskphone Control>Settings.

I can configure de CtiGW user, the callmanager address, heartbit interval, but nothing about type of Microsoft server.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red

Re: CUPS and OCS server type

That option is only available on the later version (I think it's 7.0.4 and later).

On previous version, it's default to Microsoft OCS.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

3 REPLIES
Red

That option is only available on the later version (I think it's 7.0.4 and later).

On previous version, it's default to Microsoft OCS.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Community Member

Hi Michael, thanks por your answer.

I have another question in reference to the same integration guide...

The guide shows how to configure certificates to secure the connection between CUPS and OCS. The guide also says that it is optional. Is it true?

Do you have a "document" that shows a little about the microsoft side of this integration?

Thanks a lot again

Community Member

Hi Turner/Michael,

My appologies if this is the wrong thread for the following enquiry.

I'm looking at sharing the presence status/IM between CUPS and OCS users. If not mistaken this can be achieved using interdomain federation. Does this mean the sharing of presence status is both ways?

Considering Cisco UCCX CAD 7.x is now integrated with CUPS, would that also mean CAD users will be able to see presence status & chat with OCS users?

Thanks!

-JT-

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content