im not familiar with the MS products and need some advice with CUPS please.
i have a client who currently have a small CUCM 7 installation with a small UCCX installation and they are now looking to extend the CUCM bit across the organisation. the directors so an advert for the MS OCS 2007 where an IM chat was excalated to a video conference and the video feed followed the audio around the room (i think this is called round table) and they want it.
1) what MS products do they need to be able to offer IM, Presence and the escalation to audio/video conferencing?
2) will this integrate with the existing CUCM7 installation and how?
3) if i offered them a Cisco solution like CUPS would they still need a conferencing solution or would the CUCM or CUPS be enough for the video conferencing?
4) if they went for the OCS, would it work with CUPC?
5) Currently on CUCM 7 they could run CUVA. would a user be able to dial into a video conference that was in progress between two sites?
I know that out the box CUCM can offer audio conferencing with software conference bridges. can it also offer VC?
is OCS the equivalent to CUCM with built in additional features like IM, Presence and VC? if they took the OCS would they be able to just utilise the IM, Presence and VC without the call processing agent?
another question though, so if they wanted to use their existing CUCM and wanted IM, Presence and the ability to escalate to VC would they need both CUPS and MOC with either/both CUPC/MOC?
I'm not able to access my old voice mail messages all of a sudden. The recording says something like 'the message is currently not available'. This has never happened before in all the years I have been using this system. I have t...