cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS and Subject Alternative Name in Certificate

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

Are there any plans for CUPS to support SAN (Subject Alternative Names) Certificates?

We have lost the ability to incorporate meeting availability with presence, due to this issue.

Thanks,

Doug

3 Replies 3

Steve Maggitti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I know it's been a while, but did you find any resolution?  I keep trying to create a certificate with SAN in the same manner I successfully did for our Unity servers, but the SAN keeps changing to a url.

Thanks,

Steve

I believe that support for san/wildcard certs was added in 8.6.4 which I unfortunately haven't had an opportunity to play with yet.  This doc (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/integration_notes/exchange/guide/exchintplan.html#wp1083528) should get you going though.

hope that helps,

will

Will,

Thanks for the information.  I read that too and unfortuanately it was not working, but fortunately an update to 8.6.5 made a big difference for SANs.  We got our Jabber updated and running smoothly by

1) updating the Presence server to 8.6.5

2) adding the XMPP domain name under System > Security > Settings, although it sounds like this is not needed until version 9.x.

3) Regenerated all Presence certificates, including the xmpp certs as well as tomcat, and using the Web Server certificate template in our Windows CA even though the features do not match the ones on the self-signed cert; another user and TAC both advised us to do so.

4) Updated profiles to use FQDNs for all servers.  (We had ip's for the CUCM's before).

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: