Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS client PW sync

bjoern.kirchhof
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've a cucmbe6.1(2) attached to a cups 6.0 server. Since cucmbe does not support ldap, we've a local user database. all users are cups enabled and presence works fine. If a user changes his password on cucmbe, the new password is not being updated or synced on cups client!

Any suggestions?

6 Replies 6

billriley19795
Level 1
Level 1

That is the way it works. Even in CUPS 7.0 you still have that problem. Hopefully it will work like OCS sometime and use the windows logon account.

so, if this "normal behaviour". which service has so be restarted in order to sync pw?

I don't think CUPS will sync the password at the client level. Everytime the password changes they have to change it in the client. You can sync the passwords from Call Manager to your AD domain. When the users changes their network password their call manager password will change and stay in sync but it will not change at the client level as far as I know.

misunderstoood. not the changing of the clients password is the question.

once more I've am business edition version with NO DLAP integration, since this is not possible!

So, after changing the user pw on ccm side, the cups SERVER is not aware of the new password!

The pw is being synced after cups SERVER reboot!

So the problem is that you change the password on the CUCMBE server and the CUPS server does not get the new password so when you try to log into the CUPC client it fails? That sounds like some type of bug. I have not had that problem.

This is called "change notification failed". You may restart SyncAgent to work around that.

The root cause is clustermanager not able to set up a TLS connection between CUPS and CUCM. We need ClusterManager logs to troubleshoot. Possible cause could be:

#1 IP address/hostname was changed at some point.

#2 Secret password was changed at some point.

My blog:

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: