Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS, CUCM and LDAP Questions

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I am running CUCM 6.1.

I recently installed CUPS and am able to login to Personal Communicator but have no functionality.

In regards to LDAP, I am a bit confused. Must CUCM and CUPS be integrated with the corporate LDAP server?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In CUPS, make sure you have the LDAP pointed the Global Catalog server and on the correct port. You can't use LDAP 389 to a GC or DC. You have to use LDAP 3268.

Restart the Presence services. Restart you CUPC client. Make sure CUPC completely logs out. It seems to take about minute for it close out.

Also, you can check the log files on the CUPC client to see whats up. But I bet the LDAP change will then show you searches for LDAP and be able to add to buddy list, etc

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

What does the Show server health in CUPC show?

In regards to LDAP, if I read it correctly, you can add the users into the CUCM directory or you can integrate to LDAP.

In my case, after much work, we integratged with MS AD. Had a few issues and we went back and forth because CUCM is setup in a multi-tenant and multiple domains which generated issues with the length of the username. Once we resolved that issue I found out there is another issue when you have a space in the login id and presence. Everything works with CUPC except that it does not indicate status when the user is on the phone.

Working with Cisco and it has been written up as a bug, in Call Manager, and I am waiting on the fix.

Server health shows LDAP successful, yet I have no funtionality in the CUPC client.

In CUPS, make sure you have the LDAP pointed the Global Catalog server and on the correct port. You can't use LDAP 389 to a GC or DC. You have to use LDAP 3268.

Restart the Presence services. Restart you CUPC client. Make sure CUPC completely logs out. It seems to take about minute for it close out.

Also, you can check the log files on the CUPC client to see whats up. But I bet the LDAP change will then show you searches for LDAP and be able to add to buddy list, etc

Correct you are....I had a container mis-match, corrected that and restarted services.

THANKS

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM does not have to be LDAP Enabled, but CUPS does have to point to an LDAP directory to do lookups. (this is how you IM) You can simply use CUCM for authentication, but not directory because CUCM is not an LDAP directory. Not sure what rocket science at cisco left that part of CUCM, but they did. (still some Cisco Directory or whatever it's called)

What do the other entries for Server Health show?

All show green in the server health with the exception of the soft phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: