Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS, CUPC, Jabber and the reliance on DNS & LDAP

Helen Mather
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can someone explain what exactly is the reliance by CUPS on DNS and LDAP? 

CUCM 8.6

CUPS 8.6

I've tried installing CUPS 8.6 in my home lab for the first time.  My understanding was that LDAP integration by CUCM is *NOT* required and that using the local CUCM user database would be fine.  My configuration was very simple, just two local users in CUCM.

I started the CUPS install, created the sync, and I can see my two users. 

The users were enabled for CUP and CUPC in CUCM.  and message digest credentials were created.

In CUPS, I changed the default "DOMAIN.NOT.SET" to "lab.local"

I also changed the name of my CUPS server to the IP address in cluster settings.  Services were started.

At this point I would think that I'd be able to at a minimum login and perform an IM session between my two users.

I can login to the CUPS/ccmuser page just fine with the user's credentials, however I was never able to login with Jabber.  I would always get "connection refused."

I switched to CUPC 7 and was actually able to login.  Presence shows green, however unable to change any status (Available, Away, etc) or add any user manually, even through CUPS/ccmuser page. 

Can someone point me in the right direction?  Is LDAP required?

2 Replies 2

TunNyuntMoe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Helen,

Did you configure CSF (client service framework) and CCMCIP profile for jabber?

I believe CUPC 7 still use old model (UPCXXXX device type)

Thanks,

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Thank you for the 2 tips. I didn't have the CCMCIP profile; I do now. However, I'm still getting the "Connection Refused" message. Any other suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

~Sho

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: