Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS HDD UTILIZATION

Dear,

I have CUPS System version: 7.0.8.10000-7

The hard disk on the active and non-active partition is 91% utilized?

Is this normal or a known issue or bug??!!

Regards,

Zaid,

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Could potentially be a memory leak - there were similar CUCM bugs in the early revs of 7.0 as well.  If the disk utilization is running too high, the only immediate recourse is to reboot the server.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thank you for your reply Mr. Hailey,

But the server is working perfect and users are not complaining at all knowing that there are more thabn 500 CUPC users in my organization.

I can schedule a download this is not a prblem.

Regards,

Zaid,

A memory leak can go undetected without your users being aware until the CPU or HDD utilization is pegged at 100% and becomes unresponsive or crashes.  So, you should use RTMT to monitor the CPU and disk utilization.  If it comes within normal ranges, then you're OK.  But if it continues to run super hot, you may want to reboot.

Just a note from experience.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

High percentage on "active" and "inactive" partition is normal.  Default alert threshold was 97%.  "active" and "inactive" partition are used to store binary codes.  Technically speaking, the percentage shouldn't change after install.

Memory leak will not change the hard dirve usage on "active" and "inactive" partition.  When there's a memory leak, the system will try to use "virtual memory", which is the swap file on hard drive.  The swap file is neither in "active", nor in "inactive" partition.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com