Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUPS Inter-Clustering with LDAP

Hi all,

I have trouble on the following environment, the users can See, Search and Communicate the other user in their own OU only, but they are not able search other OU's users (e.g. TheLabA users cannot search the TheLabB's users), is that because the CUPS's LDAP profile has restristed the contact, even the Inter-cluster peer has been configured?

Windows 2008 AD

- domain: Lab

- 2 x OU (i.e. TheLabA, TheLabB)

- each OU contains 2 users (totally 4 users in this domain)

- DNS

Cluster 1

- CUCM8.6 (LDAP sync to the OU=TheLabA)

- CUPS8.5 (LDAP profile to the OU=TheLabA)

- joined domain

- created CIPC x 2

- created "Standard Client Services Framework" for CUPC x 2

- created End User x 2

Cluster 2

- CUCM8.6 (LDAP sync to the OU=TheLabB)

- CUPS8.5 (LDAP profile to the OU=TheLabB)

- joined domain

- created CIPC x 2

- created "Standard Client Services Framework" for CUPC x 2

- created End User x 2

Both CUPS have

- checked the box "Enable XMPP Router-to-Router Secure Mode"

- added a record in the "Inter-cluster Peer" section

- restart the "Cisco UP XCP Router"

Thanks

Sam

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hey Sam,

You are correct that this is due to LDAP Profiles' Search Base restricting to their respective OUs.

CUPC searches contacts via LDAP itself and not in the inter-cluster peer's database.

To resolve this, you can modify the search context for both nodes to add the other OU as well.

So for both nodes, you can have the Search context as : OU=TheLabA#OU=TheLabB, the correct syntaxt would include the domain as well.

Mainly you have to add "#" in the field and then add the second OU. This will allow CUPC to search in both OUs.

Don't forget to log out and re-login to CUPC to accept the server side LDAP Profile change.

Let me know how this works out.

Regards,

Jas

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hey Sam,

You are correct that this is due to LDAP Profiles' Search Base restricting to their respective OUs.

CUPC searches contacts via LDAP itself and not in the inter-cluster peer's database.

To resolve this, you can modify the search context for both nodes to add the other OU as well.

So for both nodes, you can have the Search context as : OU=TheLabA#OU=TheLabB, the correct syntaxt would include the domain as well.

Mainly you have to add "#" in the field and then add the second OU. This will allow CUPC to search in both OUs.

Don't forget to log out and re-login to CUPC to accept the server side LDAP Profile change.

Let me know how this works out.

Regards,

Jas

thanks Jas ~ it works great now~ thanks for OU syntax, as I'm not familiar with that ~

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content