cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS - iPhone MoH after hangup (Mobile Connect)

Bryan Lemeer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've configured a set-up with an iPhone thats connecto to a presence server via Jabber for iPhone (newest software). The iPhone is not connected to a desk phone so the iPhone is my only phone. When I hangup the call the other party hears music on hold because of the mobile connect functionality. This feature makes sure that I can pickup the call on my deskphone when I hang up the call on my iPhone. This works really well. But in this case I do not have a deskphone and want to replace the music on hold for an immediate disconnect.

Is that possible?

Thanks,

Bryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The closest document that I'm aware of is the features and services guide:

Desktop Call Pickup

User can perform desktop call pickup on in-progress mobility calls either by hanging up the call on the mobile phone or by putting the mobility call on hold with the midcall hold feature. When hanging up or ending the call at the mobile phone, the user can then resume the call on the desk phone within 10 seconds (default). When the remote destination hangs up, Cisco Unified Communications Manager puts the associated desk phone in Hold state, which allows the user to resume the call by pressing the Resume softkey. The Maximum Wait Time for Desk Pickup setting on the End User Configuration window determines the amount of time the call remains on hold after the hang-up at the remote destination. The default specifies 10000 milliseconds (10 seconds).

Alternatively, the user can also perform desktop call pickup by placing the call on the mobile phone on enterprise hold with the midcall hold feature (*81) and then resuming the call on the desk phone. When Cisco Unified Communications Manager receives the *81, Cisco Unified Communications Manager places the associated desk phone in a Hold state so the user can resume the call. Note that with this method, the Maximum Wait Time for Desk Pickup timer does not apply to the hold state and the call gets held indefinitely until the user resumes the call.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's interesting. What you're asking for is the correct behavior. MoH should only be heard if CUCM believes there is another registered endpoint for that DN that could conceivably resume the call. Can you verify that you see only one Associated Device on the DN Configuration page? If you do then you probably have a bug on your hands and it's time for a TAC case.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks for the reply. I can confirmed (just double checked) that there is only one associated the device for the number and it's the TCT iPhone profile. Any chance you can point me to a document which describes the functionality?

-Bryan

The closest document that I'm aware of is the features and services guide:

Desktop Call Pickup

User can perform desktop call pickup on in-progress mobility calls either by hanging up the call on the mobile phone or by putting the mobility call on hold with the midcall hold feature. When hanging up or ending the call at the mobile phone, the user can then resume the call on the desk phone within 10 seconds (default). When the remote destination hangs up, Cisco Unified Communications Manager puts the associated desk phone in Hold state, which allows the user to resume the call by pressing the Resume softkey. The Maximum Wait Time for Desk Pickup setting on the End User Configuration window determines the amount of time the call remains on hold after the hang-up at the remote destination. The default specifies 10000 milliseconds (10 seconds).

Alternatively, the user can also perform desktop call pickup by placing the call on the mobile phone on enterprise hold with the midcall hold feature (*81) and then resuming the call on the desk phone. When Cisco Unified Communications Manager receives the *81, Cisco Unified Communications Manager places the associated desk phone in a Hold state so the user can resume the call. Note that with this method, the Maximum Wait Time for Desk Pickup timer does not apply to the hold state and the call gets held indefinitely until the user resumes the call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: