cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS one AD domain but multiple email domains.

DieterW1987
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In our company we bought a Cisco BE6000 and I’ve been assigned the job to configure all the appliances. I only have some experience with the CUCM appliance but they also want to use the Cisco Jabber functionality and they would like to use the current email addresses also for the Cisco Jabber login. The problem is that we have multiple domains on our Exchange server but only a single internal domain.

Internal AD domain: swoos.internal

Domain for the UC web interfaces: swoosinternal.be (The CUPS web interface is for example cups.swoosinternal.be)

Email domains: swoos.be, goude.be, kap.com

The prefix of an email address is not the internal username on the AD. My username for example is MaSher but my email is m.sheridan@swoos.be but for the kap.com domain the structure is different (Complete first and last name)

We would like to use all the different email domains as the SIP URI. Is the possible in this setup? Or  can I only use one SIP domain?

Can some point to some documentation about this? Or is it not possible to always use the email address to login to the Jabber for Windows application.

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Only 10.X allows what you're looking for, and be advised that their JIDs are going to be, if you choose the email as userID, emai@something.coml@IMPdomain, and you'll end up with two @

I would avoid myself trouble and user problems understanding this, and use another field.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate