cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS Scalabilty

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi just wondering how we scale beyond 10000 users for CUPs.

The SRND states that - 'CUP Cluster Supports Only Single CUCM cluster'

So if I need 20000 presence users then I would need 2 CUPs clusters integrated to the single CUCM cluster ? Is that Correct? (I hope its not the case that I require 2 CUCM clusters!)...TIA, Jeff

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

You would 2 CUP cluster and 2 CUCM cluster , one for each CUP. Then to extend presence and instant messaging capability and functionality, these standalone clusters can be configured for peer relationships for communication between clusters within the same domain. Refer URL http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/presence.html#wp1046535 for more information.

Thanks for the reply

Also remember, CUPS does not have Failover currently. So if you have 5,000 users on one CUPS server and it goes out, there is failover to the Publisher, etc. The next version of CUPS will have this. (roadmapped) from what I heard last week.

You can have as many CUPS as you need. The Publisher will supply info to each Subscriber. Assign your CUPC to the sub you want them to connect to and you should be set. IF you have a failure, you have to manually push the clients to another subscriber.

cheers.

thanks for the response, yes we were aware of the redundancy in the CUPs roadmap.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: