Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS User Account Locked

neil.moran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm installing with CUCM 8.6.2aSU1 with Presence 8.6.3. I'm using Jabber for Windows and I have a user account that is locked out only on presence. I can log on to https://<cucm-server>/ccmuser page but when I log on to https://<presence-server/cupuser I get account locked.

I deliberately locked out the CCMUser acount and then unlocked it again but this still didn't unlock the CUPUser account. I have tried to look in the User Options in Presence to see I can unlock it anywhere but it doesn't seem to have the same options like Call Manager. I also looked at the CLI but there are only options to reset the application username and password.

Does anyone know how to unlock a CUPS user account in Presence.

I'm using LDAP but authenticating locally on the Call Manager

Thanks

Regards

Neil

10 Replies 10

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Neil,

I was trying to search similar issues and came across the below link.

http://htluo.blogspot.in/2009/01/ldap-account-keeps-locking-out-on-cupc.html

Not sure about the validity, but still worth a try.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the reply but I'm after a way how to reset the End User Account in Presence. I know the user is taken from Call Manager with is synced to LDAP but authentication is done on locally on the Call Manager.

I can log in to CCMUser on Call Manager but not CUPUser on Presence

Regards

Neil

Hi Neil,

Couple of clarifications.

1. I hope you have already assigned the CUP \ CUPC Enabled capabilities  (CUCM Admin->System->Licensing->Capability Assignment) to this user.

2. Also please check  the Edit credential policy for the password, in the End user page of CUCM , make sure that its not locked.

3. On the CUPC client box, you have added the hostname of the CUP server and CUCM servers, just to make sure that the DNS resolution is happening successfully.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi Anand,

I have done all 3 points already. I think it might be a bug between CUCM and Presence because when the account is locked out in Presence its not locked out in CUCM.

It might be one for TAC

Regards

Neil

Hi Neil,

Yes, you can go for TAC to check if you are hitting any defect here.

Please post the workarounds if  any, so that the readers get to know about it.

Thanks,

Anand

I cannot address the known synchronization issues, we get them from time to time. However, with CUPS 8.6 or higher (eg. IM&P), you can run the following SQL commands from the CUPS or IM&P CLI to check on customer account lockout status and to reset the account.

Ensure you use the explicit LDAP or CUCM account names when querying the E.userid =’<USERID>’ where the USERID is in single quotes, the examples below identify the userID of “bob.smith”. You may receive an error “A syntax error has occurred” if the formatting is not correct.

Check for Locked Account

run sql SELECT CD.hackcount, CD.timehackedlockout, CD.timelasthacked FROM credentialDynamic CD WHERE fkCredential = ( SELECT C.pkid FROM credential C INNER JOIN enduser E ON E.pkid = C.fkenduser WHERE E.userid = ‘bob.smith' AND C.tkcredential = 3)

Reset user login counts:

run sql UPDATE credentialDynamic SET hackcount = 0, timehackedlockout = 0, timelasthacked = 0 WHERE fkCredential = ( SELECT C.pkid FROM credential C INNER JOIN enduser E ON E.pkid = C.fkenduser WHERE E.userid = 'bob.smith' AND C.tkcredential = 3)

this worked on my issue. thank you.

Jasmeet Sandhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Neil,

If you can login to CCM User Option Page and not CUPS User Option page, sometimes, TOMCAT and Sync Agent have  issues with syncing info from CCM.

Please go ahead and restart CISCO UP SYNC AGENT from CUPS Serviceability -> Tools -> Control Center - Feature Service and Cisco Tomcat from CLI of CUPS and then try logging again on User Options Page.

Also verify that CCM Publisher shows all green under CUPS Admin Page -> System -> CCM Publisher.

Let me know if it still fails.

Regards,

Jas

Hi Jasmeet,

Facing similar issue with CUCM 8.6.2.20000-2 and CUPS 8.6.4.11900-1.

When trying to login to CUPS User option page, it says "Account has been locked".

On CUCM, user is able to login without any issue. Resetted the password for the user as well.

Communicaion of CUPS with CUCM is all "Green". Restarted the services as suggested above. Restarted the CUPS server as well.

Still it didnt help.  Is there anything else we can try to resolve this?

BR,

sachin

Same issue here. We run Version 9.1.1. On CUCM i can login with user without any Problem. On CUPS User Page i get the message that the account is locked.

On CUPS evrything is fine. Most of our users work correct, but some have the problem.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Best Regards

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: