I am trying to configure CUOM/CUSM with a CUCM 6.1.2 cluster. CUSM in "Configuration > Monitored Phones" shows 0 phone monitored. What is weird is that CUOM detects the phone, so in "Devices > Device Management", I see my phones and I can see their status. As soon as I try to do a test with the phones, I get an error message saying that the phone is not monitored...
Of course I checked in "Configuration Unified Communications Manager > Credentials" and I see my CUCM cluster. HTTP/S and CDR/CDRM DB are on "Success".
Did I missed something?
Thank you in advance!
Have you setup the 1040 sensors ? I think CUSM detects all those phones based on how much span traffic is forwarded into the span port of the 1040.
Thank you for the idea but normally it doesn't need a Cisco 1040 to function...
We have another CUOM/CUSM that works without that with a CUCM 4.1 cluster...
Yes the phones are shown in Devices Device > Management.
I can even view in the Service Level View the different elements in the left menu in All device (nothing in the center where there should be the graph). I can even do a "connectivity details" on every device and I get the graph that should be shown in in the Level View in the middle...
What version of CUOM are you using?
Please be more specific about what you mean when you say "As soon as I try to do a test with the phones, I get an error message saying that the phone is not monitored".
CUOM and CUSM are completely separate meaning that they don't depend on each other (except for the service quality alerts in CUOM which are really snmp traps from CUSM). If a test does not work in CUOM then it has nothing to do with CUSM showing 0 monitored phones. The monitored phone count in CUSM is derived from CUSM processing the CDR records and counting the number of unique phones.
If monitored phone count is 0 then you have a problem with the CDR records. Even though you see success for CDR/CDRM DB do you have records in your CVTQ reports? If you don't have records then please click on the word "SUCCESS" for CDR/CDRM DB and tell me what it says. There are problems when the times for CUSM and CUCM are not synched or when the connection between the CUSM and CUCM is broken after it was successful.
The version I have are:
CiscoWorks Common Services 3.0.5
Cisco Unified Operations Manager 2.0.3
Cisco Unified Service Monitor 2.0.1
When I click on the success of CDR/CDRM DB, I have:
Credential Type: CDR/CDRM DB
Current Status: Success
IP Address: 10.170.43.45
Last Contact Time: Wed 18-Jun-2008 12:57:06 CEST
Last Success Time: Tue 17-Jun-2008 18:10:04 CEST
Regarding the phone test, I managed to get it works and indeed it has nothing to do with CUSM. I created a SNMPv2 community with RW and it works immediatly... It seems there was a problem with my SNMPv3 community...
The CVTQ reports are indeed empty... Any reason?
Thanks for your help.
Good News. CVTQ reports are empty probably because you are not searching for MOS less than or equal to 5 (highest score). The default is 4. Leave the other settings as default except if you want to adjust the time.
Thanks again for your help.
I did change it to 5 earlier and there was no result. Now I made more tests and I get one entry in the CVTQ... But still 0 phone in Configuration > Monitored Phones...
I might think this is a bug. We did a migration this weekend from CUCM 5 to CUCM 6.1.2 at a customer site and we have the same issue now there... We have opened a TAC case and they did not help us more...
This TAC case is about SLV not working. It is not mentioning anything about CUSM. Please let me know what case you have on this CUSM issue. Thanks.
Actually we opened the case about the SLV as this is the priority (as the customer sees an empty graph) but for us it is the same problem: there are problems in the autodetection.