cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cuspa.vbs wont execute

swensonj
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upgrade my Unity 4.2(1) and when I double-click the Cuspa.vbs file, nothing happens, at all. There are no application or system log reports, CSA is disabled. What might this be?

5 Replies 5

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you are running CUSPA on Windows 2003, from a network location, you may need to add the network location to Internet Explorers Local intranet or Trusted Sites security zone.

IE --> Tools --> Internet Options --> Security

Local intranet or Trusted Sites

Hmm silly me, I forgot the rest of it.

I am running on a local session and it is Windows 2000 5.00.2195 sp4, Iexplore 6.0.28.

MS Script host says it is apparantly installed but I fear not working properly.

Try opening a command window and running:

wscript Cuspa.vbs

This should give you an indication if it is running and/or display any messages

You might need to run it in Cscript mode.

If so, run this in a command window.

cscript Cuspa.vbs

Tom

It does run, with no output. I stepped through it, this old debugger doesn't make it very easy to watch what happens to data in a process. Checking manually I see that it is not creating directories or copying files, then exiting on matching:

If IsDrvVolatile (Left(strScriptPath,2)) Then

Wscript.Quit

The only other suggestion I can think of is to force cscript to run it.

There may be some commands incompatible with wscript (not having the script, I cannot say).

Have you tried running other scripts on this server or running this script on another server?

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: