Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom CUE auto attendant script

Hi, I'm running CME with CUE and i've created a custom AA scrpt using the CUE editor but keeping it pretty close to the default AA script.

I'm trying to modify the script so that the welcome file says "Hello, if you know your parties extension you can dial it at anytime. Dial 1 for . . dial 2 for . . ." Now im not sure how to edit the script so that it will accept an extension at anytime. Does anyone know how to do this. Thanks.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Custom CUE auto attendant script

One way is described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008041d950.shtml

The script itself should still be in the software download section for CUE, although it might be in the 2.1 or 2.2 areas. The script will run on later versions of CUE, though.

Silver

Check this script. It uses the "Get Digit String" to collect the digits. Set the Input Digits to match the extension length of your phones and the maximum retries to 0 (so that the script doesn't keep looping over and over).

In the Successful Step, do a call redirect to the digits collected and in the Timeout Step, you can do your menu options.

This way if the user enters digits equal to the extension length, then the script will try to redirect the call. If the enters 1 or 2 or 3, then the script will timeout and follow the menu options.

If you would like a faster response, you can lower the interdigit timer as well.

Regards,

Anup

Cisco Employee

Have you tested this? If you get to a timeout, there won't be anything in the Digit variable (at least there never was when I've tried doing it that way in the past). You have to collect the digits one at a time if you want to do that.

Silver

Yes, I tested this and it worked fine. When it times out the variable will have whatever key was pressed.

Regards,

Anup

Cisco Employee

Cool. Something must have been fixed recently. I'm positive that that wasn't working in the 2.1 and earlier CUE days. Thanks for the response.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content