cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Database Communication Error when Logging in to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Publisher Server

mdriyazdeen
Level 1
Level 1

I recently changed the IP of my CUCM server 8.5 and i am facing the Database communication error and i found a use full link below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080b04158.shtml

They have given the solution to resolve but

Solution 1

This issue can occur when you try to login to the server after changes are made in the Publisher server, such as changing the hostname or IP address either through CLI or the OS admin page. In this case, complete these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Revert the changes made back to the old settings in order to let you log in.
  2. Go to Cisco Unified CM Administration > System > Server and make the required changes for the hostname or IP address.
  3. Make the same changes via CLI or the OS admin page.The CUCM will restart itself.
  4. After restarting check if services are loaded properly.
  5. Use the utils service list CLI command in order to check if the services are up and running.
  6. Restart the whole cluster manually again to have all the services loaded properly.

during the second step i am unable to log in to the web access because at that time only i am getting a database communication error.

then how can i log in to Cisco Unified CM Administration > System > Server and make the required changes for the IP address ?

please refer to the attached picture.

please any one guide me your reply will be appriciated.

Regards,

Riyazdeen

9 Replies 9

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

It should make no difference, where you make the change. Have you changed the IP address via CLI, yet?

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

yeah i have changed it but still its hows same database error.

could you please guide me further.

regards,

Riyaz

What change did you do exactly to cause the database communication error? Did you change the hostname to IP address?

How many CUCM Servers do you have? If you changed the IP to hostname of the Publisher, did you change the Subscribers as well?

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Actually i have changed the IP of the server and the gateway from the old IP to new IP  10.10.100.10 to 10.250.193.101

we do have two server primary and secondary (standby), yes i changed the publisher and subscriber both not worked

intially and i roll back to the old IP now i access subscriber but not publisher.

FYI

During the reboot of the both the server network gateway failed.

utils service list i saw TFTP is component is stopped.

i tried to see the database replication it shows DB is down and restart and try so

I tried to restart the DB but i am failed.

Regards,

Riyaz

Since you did have two servers, your replication is probably not synced. Have you restarted the Publisher? If not, restart the Publisher and then perform the following:

1 - utils dbreplication status

2 - utils dbreplication runtimestate

*** Below are the Replication State Definitions***

0 (Not Started) - No subscribers exist or the Database Layer Monitor service is not running and has not been running since the subscriber was installed.

1 (Started) - Replication is currently being setup.

2 (Finished) - Replication setup is completed and working.

3 (Broken) - Replication failed during setup and is not working.

4 - Replication is not setup correctly.

If the replication state is a 3 or a 4, perform the following:

1 - Execute the utils dbreplication stop command on all subscribers.

***Note: Ensure that you had finished Step 1 on all subscribers and then only run the command mentioned in Step 2 on the publisher.***

2 - Execute the utils dbreplication stop command on the publisher.

3 - Execute the utils dbreplication clusterreset command on the publisher.

***Note: This command resets database replication on an entire cluster. If there is replication issue with only one subscriber there is no need to execute the command. You may skip Step 4 and perform Step 5.***

4 - If all subscriber servers need to be reset, issue the utils dbreplication reset all command.

5 - At the publisher server, issue the utils dbreplication reset CLI command where is the hostname of the subscriber server that needs to be reset.

6 - Now verify that the database replication status is changed to 2, which means the replication setup is complete and working.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

1 - utils dbreplication status

Database is down please restart the database before re attempting a status check output is file cm/trace/dbl/sdireplicationstatus.2013_08_07_7_45_20.out

this is the message i am getting.

Please read the last two post, on the thread below:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/298533

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Mr. Yosh

Thank for the reply and further to the post will it applicable for the chnage in the IP and how can i identify the CN (Canonical name ) has changed or not when i chnaged the IP address will it show ?

I am sorry if my question is wrong.

The CN would display the DNS name of the server. You can attempt to regenerate a cert as mentioned in the thread, but there will be a chance that you will need to reach out to TAC, to perform root changes.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: