cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

db Walker finding over 5000 orphaned WAV files?!?

pmaglinger
Level 1
Level 1

Just got through running db Walker 4.0.46 on our Unity 4.0(3) voicemail server. It showed some orphaned files from accounts that were deleted, but it's also showing a lot of WAV and at least 5 of them say the same thing, "Is there any more information you would like to leave?" Seems to be a lot of the duplicates. Can I copy all of the files over to another directory, then run db Walker to clean up, and copy anything that comes up missing back to the streams directory. Will that work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm assuming you mean "streamfiles" there and not "streamrules" - and yes, dbWalker does recognize system files. Since you're runnng such an old version of Unity my guess would be it's not lying and those may very well be legitimate orphaned files that are the result of older bugs related to rerecording greetings and voice names and not cleaning up properly afterwards - but I don't know that without looking at it. I doubt very much, however, that dbWalker is making a mistake here.

They aren't hurting anything if you leave them there other than parking on HD space - if you're not sure, I'd just leave them there. You can also search the DB manually for a file name of one of them (the "StreamPath" will reference them off the record of each user/handler) - my guess is you wont find references to them in the DB since DBWalker checks those all (or should - I'd be shocked out of my mind that you have been the first in 3 years to exercise this option).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm assuming you mean "streamfiles" there and not "streamrules" - and yes, dbWalker does recognize system files. Since you're runnng such an old version of Unity my guess would be it's not lying and those may very well be legitimate orphaned files that are the result of older bugs related to rerecording greetings and voice names and not cleaning up properly afterwards - but I don't know that without looking at it. I doubt very much, however, that dbWalker is making a mistake here.

They aren't hurting anything if you leave them there other than parking on HD space - if you're not sure, I'd just leave them there. You can also search the DB manually for a file name of one of them (the "StreamPath" will reference them off the record of each user/handler) - my guess is you wont find references to them in the DB since DBWalker checks those all (or should - I'd be shocked out of my mind that you have been the first in 3 years to exercise this option).

I revised my question. So it wouldn't hurt to copy them off somewhere JIC, and if needed just copy them back?