cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DB Walker Question/Help

j.magee
Level 1
Level 1

I run db walker and receive the following errors. I am not sure what the fix is...Pleas point me in the right direction....Thanks!!

*** Starting Distribution List walk ***

Alias=allsubscribers

Display name=All Subscribers - UNITYSRV-1

Extension= 99991

1233:(error) the extension number for this object conflicts with one or more objects in the directory

All objects found to be using extension #99991:

Distribution List with a display name=All Subscribers - UNITYSRV-1

Alias=allsubscribers

Display name=All Subscribers - UNITYSRV-1

Extension= 99991

1233:(error) the extension number for this object conflicts with one or more objects in the directory

All objects found to be using extension #99991:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The other option is to find the old public distribution lists in AD and remove them - the removal will be picked up by the directory monitors after a bit and the offending items will be cleaned from SQL automatically.

Another, less intrusive option is to remove the extension numbers on the DLs in the SA - the problem isn't the duplicate DLs, it's that they all have the same extensions which is not valid since public DLs are shared by all Unity servers in the directory (i.e. they're considered a "global" object). You can remove/change the extensions (extensions are optional on PDLs) which will also remove the conflict.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

The DbWalker has found duplicate entries in the Distribution List table in UnityDb for the distribution list All Subscribers. This can happen when you deinstall Unity from a server - the distribution lists do not get removed from Active Directory. So when you reinstall Unity, the distribution lists are created again, with a different alias name. If you feel comfortable with using SQL, you can drill down in SQL Enterprise Manager to the UnityDb, click on Tables, then right click Distribution Lists and select Open All Rows. You can look at the column Creation Date to get a feel for when you last installed Unity and compare the dates. If you don't feel comfortable doing so, since you are in a mode that CAN delete data from Unity's database, you may want to contact TAC. They can assist you in removing the right row by looking at your AD, alias name of the distribution list, GUID etc.

Sincerely, Ginger

The other option is to find the old public distribution lists in AD and remove them - the removal will be picked up by the directory monitors after a bit and the offending items will be cleaned from SQL automatically.

Another, less intrusive option is to remove the extension numbers on the DLs in the SA - the problem isn't the duplicate DLs, it's that they all have the same extensions which is not valid since public DLs are shared by all Unity servers in the directory (i.e. they're considered a "global" object). You can remove/change the extensions (extensions are optional on PDLs) which will also remove the conflict.

remove the extension numbers on the DLs in the SA was the trick....Thanks