cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dbWalker Warnings

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.2.1, just ran dbWalker and turned logged warnings on. Got the following warnings. I went into the call handler and to be honest I was not sure what I needed to do, help. Thanks.

Beth

1184:(warning) contact rule: Alternate has a switch ID that's set to NULL which means it will default to switch 0

You can correct this by going to the call handler or subscriber transfer page in the SA for this transfer rule and selecting a valid switch.

Handler Alias=openinggreetingch

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You really only need to worry about this if you have multiple switch integrations - if you have that configuration or plan to you can go into the UTIM app found in the tools depot telephone integrations section and reassign all users/handlers that throw that error to a specific switch - it should force everything over for you.

Jeff what about Subscribers template - there is no option in the UTIM to set/move that to the correct switch, Also dbwalker will not let me select /check the option to set all invalid switch ref to ID: 0. this is Unity 4.2 with IP intg. with Failover - Thx

Note: I have about 36 templates - Hope I don't have to delete and recreate them!?

UTIM should be changing the templates - dbWalker has been specifically limtied to NOT change switch associations at all any longer for any reason in 4.2 and later and I'm not spoiling for a fight with the media folks about it. They're bigger than I am. If the templates aren't updated when you remove a switch then you'll need to open a bug with TAC against it or you'll have to recreate your templates...

I had the same problem after we did the upgrade from 4.0(4)SR1 to 4.2.1

I did the re-association in Telephony integration but that doesn't fix it. Re-run the DBWalker still shows the error..

Why?

I had to get into SQL DB (changed values in about 2 tables)not a clean way but that was the only way I could work around this issue.

Excellent.......I am doing the same thing now.

I am changing the "NotificationDevice" and "NotificationMWI" table. Is it the same thing you did?

But the strange thing is, when you go back to Telephoy Integration, the subscriber that had an invalid switch ID before, still doesn't show the Notification Devices at the right side of the page.

Idea?