cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Decommissioning a mail server that is partnered with Unity??

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have a customer that is decommissioning a mail server that is partnered with Unity and attempting to partner a new mail server with Unity. Here are his comments.

"...http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/upgrade/guide/ex/ru_060.html. I have followed these instructions however, after going through the Cisco Unity Message Store Configuration Wizard the settings do not change and the server is still partnered with the same mail server. No errors but it is not changing the registry value and Unity mailboxes are not moved or recreated on the new server."

I found the following posting, "I found a modified set of instructions that had me move the Unity_servername mailbox to the new Exchange server and stop/restart AvUMSyncSvr service. This worked slick for Exchange. "

Does anyone know what modified instructions that are being referenced, or what could be causing the process to fail?

Unity 4.2

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

That was me :-) Here is another post I made that has additional information for your review and consideration - http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&topicID=.ee835d2&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddeb212/0#select... Caveat - please check with TAC on this before running on your Unity server. That was some time ago and I'd hate to have you follow my instructions and have something go wrong.

Ginger

Thank you very much and especially the warning about contacting tac. I do have a ticket open with tac and this may help them. Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: