Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Delay a greeting when directly transfering to voicemail

I'm running Unity 4.x and Call Manager 3.2. We have configured the ability to transfer callers directly to voicemail, but the greeting starts immediately so often times the caller misses the greetings if the operator doesn't slam the transfer through quickly enough.

Is there a registry edit for this?

• Unified Communications Applications
5 REPLIES

Re: Delay a greeting when directly transfering to voicemail

I would love to know if this is possible as well. If there is a way to pause 2 seconds after the call is tranfered (using say *xxxx) so the caller doesn't get put into the voicemail halfway through the greeting.

Cisco Employee

There's been some discussion in Development to address this with a feature enhancement. The idea thus far is that Unity could restart any in-progress wave file (prompt, greeting, etc) whenever the caller ID changes mid-call. In the transfer-to-voicemail case, the transferor would only need to be quick enough to release the transfer before the greeting is complete. Call Manger then sends a Skinny message updating the caller ID and so the transferee would hear the greeting restarted from the beginning. This feature may not help voiceboard integrations as we typically do not recieve mid-call caller ID updates from the PBX.

If such a feature sounds beneficial, I would recommend opening a PERS with your account team.

Regards,

Eric

Sounds good to me. We only do CM/Unity work anyway, so this feature would work for us everytime.

-Nate

Has there been any further development with this? I have customer with the same complaint.

I have not heard or seen any info updating this feature.

Views
Helpful
Replies