Delay to access Unity voicemail

dkawata
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unity 4.0.3 SR1

Callmanager 4.1.3 SR2

OS Image 2000.2.7SR8

Hi everyone!

When I try to access voicemail from any IP Phone, It is getting some delay to access that... Maybe 5 rings before to access the voicemail.

But, this issue is happening random... In most case, I can access quickly.

I will appreciate any help...

Thanks,

Daniel Kawata

9 Replies 9

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have a vm-only server with AD/Exchange/Unity on the same box? Check your Total Commit Charge memory against Physical Memory. Also check Task Manager to see what process is eating up the cpu usage for when you are having problems.

Yes, I have vm-only server with all system on the same box.

I did not change anything on Unity server. I do not know when this problem started... I have checked that no process is consuming the cpu.

Thanks,

I have this same problem... but not as random... very consistant.

Even when there are no calls and I call into the system it takes 2+ rings.

If I restart the Unity service, then it is back to 1 ring pickups, but only lasts a day or 2....

I checked the CPU usage also and nothing there is over taxing the CPU... only 8 processes running.

And the physical & total commit memory usage is?

Sorry to be late!

Physical mem: 512MB

Commit Mem: 829MB

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Kawata

You need more RAM. I think an extra 512 or 1024 would help. When the OS and apps need so much more physical memory than what you have physically, the OS is going to swap RAM with virtual memory on the hard drive and this is causing your computer to be slow.

dr3297
Level 1
Level 1

I would agree with adding more ram. if you are constantly paging then you will ahve slower response.

There is a bug for unity ports requiring more rings wit unity 4.0 It involved the unity tsp. I do not rember the bug number off the top iof my head but you could do the bug toolkit thing.

The resolutiong was to update the tsp.

I usually update the unity tsp to one of the later versions as a matter of coursem since when you look at the resolved bugs in the readme you see enough to give you reason to do so.

I agree with dr3297...

I was suspecting that the problem was really on TSP, because if I am not wrong, I remember that when I was using the TSP version 3.0(3) this issue was not getting...

But, I needed to upgrade to last version of tsp and right now, I am using the version 7.0(4) and maybe this version has some bug.

I have seen on Cisco site that the last version of TSP ís 8.0.2. I will try to upgrade to this release and as soon as possible I will tell you if the problem was fixed.

Hinho, thanks for your help, but in this case I think that upgrade RAM will not fix this issue.

Thanks for all help.

Regards,

Daniel Kawata

Daniel... plese let me know how that works out.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: