Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

delete bulk subscriber

my situation is I have unity 3.1.5 running now and I already set up a new 4.0.5 Unity in a Unified Message System, the first step is to delete all the subscribers from the old Unity( NEED to keep the Exchange and AD info), and create all these new subscribers on the new Unity. my question is which tool I should use to delete subscribers from 3.1.5 unity? Bulk subscriber delete or remove user properities from AD? is there any difference between these 2 tools, seems like Bulk delete tool is more flexiable, for the "Remove properities from AD tool" you have to find out all these subscribers one by one and remove the properities. I just dont know if the results are the same , and I already did some test by the "remove tool" but I dont know if the bulk delete tool can meet my requirment, thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: delete bulk subscriber

Bulk Delete will do the same thing - just be sure not to select the option to remove their mailbox and such (you'll get a ton of warnings if you do).

You can select multiple users in the Remove Subscriber Properties tool as well but if they're spread across different containers it can be a pain.

The primary difference is the Remove Subscriber Properties tool can run regardless of if Unity is installed and running or not - Bulk Subscriber Delete requires a running and operating Unity server to work with.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content