Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Delete during the message.

We just upgraded from Unity 3.1.5 to Unity 4.1.1. Our users were previously able to press 7 during a message to delete it without having to skip to the end of it. After the upgrade, this function doesn't work. We currently have "Optional Conversation 1" loaded. How can we enable them to delete a message During the message?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Delete during the message.

You can check out the custom key map tool - you can use this to customize the key press behavior for the top level subscriber conversation, message playback and after message menus to be whatever you want. A function for deleting (or forwarding or whatever) a message during any part of the playback (header, body, footer) is available for you to use.

you can find more info about the key map tool and training videos on its use on its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_CustomKeymap.htm

My understanding is tha this tool allows us to customize "Custom Keypad Mapping". Is there a way to make the required minor change to "Optional Conversation 1"?

Cisco Employee

Most of what the optional conversation 1 does is just maps the keys differently for the main subscriber menu, message playback and after message menu - this is the same thing you can do for yourself in a custom way using the custom key map. I'd highly recommend looking at it since you have complete and total control over it and you can tailor it to what you want. And it's TAC supported.

I get a _lot_ of requests to make "simple", "easy", "trivial", "obvious", "minor" etc... etc... changes to various conversations ;->

I can't be hacking up shipping conversations for folks in the field unless it's a bug (this is not - it was a deliberate change made up stream). This is why we developed the custom key map conversation in the first place so we don't have to make changes to shipping code for each customer that wants the subscriber conversation to work just a little differently. You can quickly see how unmanagable this would get... It's suprising what a wide variety of "obvious" conversation implementations folks want that somehow conflict with one another regardess of their universal appeal.

If the custom key map just wont work for you for some reason (and if that's the case, please tell me where it needs improvement/enhancement) its possible to change the behavior in script in a couple spots. It will, of course, not be TAC or BU supported and the change will be wiped out on any upgrade. But if you're really wanting this you can ping me at lindborg at cisco dot com and I can send you an altered script.

Views
Helpful
Replies