cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting messages from TUI

bruce.wilkinson
Level 1
Level 1

We need to restrict callers from deleting mails from the MS Outlook deleted objects box via the TUI. Currently we cant seem to turn off the Unity prompt which invites this action when the mail box is full.

Thanks for you help

10 Replies 10

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there's no way to turn off the ability to clear the deleted items folder currently - users are given a choice to clear just voice mails or the entire deleted items folder but you can't restrict their ability to do one or the other if their inbox is full (i.e. they are not allowed to send or send/receive messages).

Actually, this is not strictly correct. If you turn off the COS option to move messages deleted over the phone into the deleted items folder AND set the advanced settings option to restrict deleted items folder access from over the phone (both settings are required) then the option to access deleted items folder over the phone will not play at all. So when you hit "3" from the main menu, for instance, you only hear about saved messages and deleted items are not mentioned.

Tested on 4.0(5) and it works as advertised.

There is no way to have the option to move deleted items over the phone into the deleted items folder and also deny the ability to empty your deleted items folder over the phone - the behavior is tied together.

We have unchecked the option to send deleted voice messages to be sent to Deleted Items folder and also we have set the "Conversation-Do not offer Deleted Messages option(Exchange only)" to 1. (Registry:DisableDeletedItemsMenuOption )...

This does not work for us.. We have restarted Unity, is there any other Advanced setting we need to change?

Thanks for your help.

Nothing else needs to be set - tried it on a couple systems and it works as it should (i.e. no deleted message access at all). Perhaps the user you are calling in as is associated with a different COS than you expected? just a guess - not sure what to suggest beyond this.

Yes we have set both the parameters as specified but this does not work. We tried this exact same issue in a Unity Training class too, we faced the same problem.

At our customer site we are running Windows 2003 and Unity 4.0.5, are you also running the same configuration(I really don't think the OS should mattter). Exchange 2003 and AD 2003.

I opened a TAC case and I think you replied to the question there :) I would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, on of the boxes I tried was a 4.0(5) system in the lab - of course it probably had every ES installed on it which may or may not be the case with you - it was probably also upgrade to 4.0(5) from previous versions.

I can wipe a box and put a clean 4.0(5) with no patches on there but it'll take me a while - I'll probably have to do it this weekend.

Thanks a million...

Hi Mate, Have you been able to try the installation. I have not got any response from the TAC also...

Thanks

Unfortunately I'm hip deep in some 4.2 work that has to be done this week so I can't wipe my box and put a clean 4.0(5) on it right now... the lab 4.0(5) installs are all I have to work with and it seems to work as it's documented.

I will reopen the case with the TAC then, because I need to resolve this issue. SO what was the OS in your lab. Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: