Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Deleting the User in AD deletes Unity Subscriber

We got Windows 2003 AD with SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1 and Unity 4.0.5. When I delete a user in AD it automatically deleted the Unity Subscriber. Is this new feature? As I know my previous experience when a user deleted in AD then we have to manully remove the attributes and also remove from SQL databse of Unity.

1 REPLY

Re: Deleting the User in AD deletes Unity Subscriber

Depends what you had before.. If you were using Exchange 5.5 before, then it would have stayed in Unity. But since everything rides on MS AD, if you delete the AD account, it will remove the Exchange account, which then trickles down to Unity and it removes the information about that account.

You may have to follow the rules of an Exchange Admin. If an employee left the company, some places will either rename their account and hide it for a period of time for legal purposes... or they may actually export the mail account out of Exchange to a PST file (this would include your UM voicemails of course) Then the Admin could delete it in AD, hence removing the Exchange account and Unity subscriber information.

Another scenario, you may have been using VoiceMail only setup and you had a seperate AD domain for Unity. So in the production domain, you would delete the account the end user would use to login to their computer, email, etc. For VoiceMail only setup, you would have to go to that server and remove it. (possibly on the same server as Unity)

Hope this helps!

tc

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content