cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploying TSP/Outlook

jalston45
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone its me again, I'm still fighting with this. I feel that I'm able to get this working on a small scale. However I would like to know if anyone has a good way to deploy this solution, without me having to visit some 170 PCs. Also I'm confused about CTI Ports. Do I need to create one and add every extension in the company to it, in order for them to use this feature? Thank you in advance

6 Replies 6

1dschock
Level 1
Level 1

I take it you are talking about doing dialing or call control via TAPI through Outlook? Is this your goal or is it something else you are referring to?

:-)

Dennis

Hi Dennis

Yes I have installed/configured the Cisco TSP plugin on two client PCs and have them dialing via outlook. But I am hoping that I won't have to visit each pc in the company in order to implement it.

Try this, then:

Download/obtain the ciscotsp.exe installer from your CCM installation. Place it in a folder on a test machine - for this purpose let's say C:\cisco

Since this TSP software is distributed via PackageForTheWeb, you can create an answer file to help automate the install.

To do that, run this from a command prompt: C:\Cisco>ciscotsp.exe /a /r

This should record a setup.iss answer file and drop it in C:\Windows. Pull that answer file from there and place it in your C:\Cisco folder where your PFTW installer is located for the time being. Then, I suggest that you uninstall the TSP from your test machine. From here, re-run the ciscotsp.exe installer but don't step all the way through the install. Browse to your temporary folder (probably something like C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp) and look for a folder by the name of pft###~tmp... copy that folder into your C:\Cisco folder and check to see if there is a setup.iss file in that folder. If there is, then compare that setup.iss with the one you created and copied from C:\Windows. They should be identical.

Once you have that 'temp' folder, you can simply rename it and then just call setup.exe /s from a login script. It should install the TSP silently in the background without problem.

Keep in mind that you will still have to have your users put the correct info in that TAPI object for your CallManager including their username/password, etc, but that's not too bad. ;-)

hope this helps.

Dennis

Thank you Dennis, I'm going to give it a shot.

Hello jalston45!

I'm install it on CM 3.3 and works but I can't do the same with CM 4.1.3 / TSP 4.0 / OutLook 2002/2003

Can you give me some advice?

What exactly are you having problems with? Are you trying to deploy it via an answer file? Or are you simply trying to install it locally? Tell me what is happening, where in the process is it failing?