cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP on Unified communication manager 6.1(2)

rachelau_2005
Level 1
Level 1

I m using Cisco unified Manager 6.1, at the moment, I have set up the DHCP Server and DHCP Subnet on the call manager... however at the moment, none of the phone can get an IP address from the DHCP on the call manager...

when i set up the DHCP subnet, there is a field called " Subnet IP address", is it any IP address that is within the subnet is okie...?

what other thing do i need to check in order to use the DHCP from the call manager 6.1(2)

Thanks

Kind regards

Rachel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The subnet address is specifically the network prefix, which should correspond to the subnet mask.

For example, the subnet should be specified as 192.168.1.0 if you are using 24 bit mask 255.255.255.0.

The dhcp scope and default-route should all addresses within this subnet.

Incidentally, if your CUCM DHCP hosts are on a different subnet to that of your clients, then ensure that you have dhcp relay enable on your network. This will forward the dhcp broadcast request to ideally a unicast address.

Also verify that you have activated the DHCP Monitor service on the server with DHCP enbled.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The subnet address is specifically the network prefix, which should correspond to the subnet mask.

For example, the subnet should be specified as 192.168.1.0 if you are using 24 bit mask 255.255.255.0.

The dhcp scope and default-route should all addresses within this subnet.

Incidentally, if your CUCM DHCP hosts are on a different subnet to that of your clients, then ensure that you have dhcp relay enable on your network. This will forward the dhcp broadcast request to ideally a unicast address.

Also verify that you have activated the DHCP Monitor service on the server with DHCP enbled.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Hi Alan,

yes it works now, thanks a lot!!! :)

Kind regards

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the rating:-), pleased to hear you were able to resolve your problem :-)

Take care.

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: