Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP service not working on my BE6K CUCM application

George Gitonga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am setting up a Demo Lab in the office and while setting up the phones i noticed the DHCP on the call manager is not working.

It could not issue ip addresses to the phones and so they could not register. So I changed the DHCP to be on the catalyst switch. I then have to hardcode the TFTP server address on the phones for them to register. While this approach works well for purpose of registering devices, I would wish the DHCP is on the call manager so that the phones get all the network configurations from the call manager.

How do I enable the DHCP service on the call manager?

I have enabled the DHCP monitor services (under Serveability) and running ok but it doesnt seem to solve my DHCP challenge.

I am running BE6K call manager version: 9.1.2.10000-28.

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi George,

Has the DHCP server and DHCP subnet configuration been verified as per the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_A34970C5_00_admin-guide-91/CUCM_BK_A34970C5_00_admin-guide-91_chapter_01001.html#CUCM_RF_DE2A03B0_00

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_A34970C5_00_admin-guide-91/CUCM_BK_A34970C5_00_admin-guide-91_chapter_01010.html

If yes, can you please check if the phones in the same subnet as cucm servers are able to get an IP address from cucm based dhcp or not.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Yes i have set up the DHCP server and subnet as per the recommendations. the phones and the CUCM are all on same subnet (VLAN). The challenge is the CUCM is not issueing the IP addresses but when i move the DHCP to the switch the phones get the IP.

Can I please share my network topology so as to give more clarity..?

Can you share the DHCP monitor traces and syslogs after restarting DHCP monitor service.

Manish

Hi
Please advise on how to go about that?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: