Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Dial 8 route pattern

I've been tasked to setup Client Matter Codes for our office, it's going to be used on dept basis, so not everyone will be using it right now, so instead of setting up on the 9.@ route pattern I have in place, I wanted to create a dial 8.@ route pattern so that users can use that when making a call that will require entering a client matter code, I have the route pattern created, but for some reason I'm unable to make a call when I was testing, when I dial 8+ number, I just get the can't be completed as dialed message. Am I missing a step here? Is there something else that needs to be created in order to make the dial 8 work? I mirrored what was configured for the dial 9, which was all set up before I started with this company. Any ideas on what I'm missing would be very helpful.

Thanks

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Dial 8 route pattern

That's CSS and partitions, check that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Community Member

Dial 8 route pattern

Thanks for replying Jaime, do I need to create a new CSS and partition? There's a css and partition for local calling already created.  screenshots attached

Cisco Employee

Dial 8 route pattern

That's up to you, your dial plan, and your configuration.

You can run DNA to see what you're hitting.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Community Member

Dial 8 route pattern

Figured out what the problem was, I didn't have a dial peer created for the 8 prefix. Finally got it working

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content